Friday, October 28, 2016

Hands Drawing




1. I found it quite difficult but interesting to use my hand as a subject for drawing. The hand has so many details with creases and lines I found it difficult to get all of them with the shading for the line. Especially using my opposite hand to try to draw such a detailed item as a hand it was difficult to get all of the lines of my dominant hand.
2. I choose to use a pencil for this drawing. I choose a pencil because I felt it allowed me more control over the lines I was creating to make them lighter or darker. Also allowing me to add width to the lines to make sure they didn't smudge to look like shading.
3. I found it very difficult to create a drawing with my non dominant hand. It was much harder to make sure the lines I was trying to draw were straight in the way I wanted them to go. I notice that many of the lines with my non dominant hand were wavy rather than crisp like I would have liked them to be.
4. Looking at both drawings Im surprised at how close the two actually look to each other. It still is easy to figure out which one I did with my dominate hand and which with my non dominate. But I would say it was successful in demonstrating the ability to draw with both hands proving that art can be done in many ways.
5. I would rather to continue to use my dominate hand to create works of art because I feel it gives me more control over what im doing allowing for less wavy lines and mistakes. However I did enjoy this work and the challenge of using my left hand so id consider using it again to see if I could improve the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment