Saturday, October 8, 2016

Video Review

1. For the video on sculpting I found the key concept that I wasn't previously aware of to be the effort and begins of making a sculpture. From finding the right piece of grant by testing each one to make sure you don't get a sound that indicates there being a crack. That's something I never thought about but if there's a crack then the whole piece could come undone at any moment. The second concept I found interesting was that due to the pieces being three dimensional and all of the cuts of grant being different each piece had to be created by looking at another there is no way for casting so the level of detail is amazing to me.
For the second video I found it interesting that there isn't more casting for the glass making. The fact that the majority of pieces are created by guiding the glass into shape with either a mold to move the glass in with a circle movement keeping it in shape or using a wet paper to move it by hand I thought much more was done with molding.
2. These videos did a great job to compliment the reading. These videos were able to give a look into the background of the reading to show more of a history of the sculpture and how it has progressed but also not changed entirely in the last few centuries. In the glass making the videos showed the techniques they discussed of casting and and molding of the pieces to make them into the proper shape.
3. The videos I felt helped greatly, they were able to show me more about sculpting than I ever would have learned. In the past all I ever saw or knew was the face value and seeing the finished product. It is refreshing to see all of the work that goes into a piece. For instillation its interesting to notice the subtle things that are in the details, on the cover everything seems to be so much easier than in the end it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment