Friday, November 18, 2016

Photo videos

1. I choose the two videos I did because I knew the name Andy Warhol but didn't know much about him so I figured that video would allow me a chance to learn more about a figure I sorta knew about. With the video on Hockney it was also about photography so i wanted to see the difference from that to Warhols works.
2. The key item in the video about Warhol was to show about his famed images of the same faces in many different contexts. To demonstrate how they begin as a negative of a picture to become a multiple variation image. Hockney's video also went into the demonstration of his ability with  camera to create works of art. It showed how he took pictures over years to create images within images.
3. The videos really were able to demonstrate how the camera and pictures have changed the world of art and whats viewed to be art in the recent path. Art isn't just the paintings and sculptures of the past it can be something as simple and complex as a still image captured in time and space.
4. I found the videos to be extremely interesting. They had a ton of information on a newer and interesting topic such as pictures, these videos helped make for a interesting look at the assignment we did early in the semester taking pictures to show elements of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment