Thursday, December 1, 2016

week 13/14 video review

1. Each of the videos I watched allowed me a chance to look at how different styles of art are being displayed and understood in the cultures we have today that may not directly conform to the ideals that existed when the art was being created. It was interesting to see how the view on some art is different depending on the time it is created such as the lowbrow art style which was seen mostly as a hippie movement but is far more in depth than that.
2. The videos relate to the current art project I am working on because in any choice of styles or art to represent it is important to see how it has been viewed and changed over the years or decades since its creation. It never stops being impressive the lengths people will go to in order to ensure the preservation of art.
3. I believe the films were very helpful. The film on lowbrow I found the most interesting because it is such a uncommon style to me. But it is also very interesting and I found it interesting that it got a bad reputation because you can see the results of its style in society in many places even today.

No comments:

Post a Comment