Sunday, December 11, 2016

Gallery 3 Visit


Self Portrait
1889
oil on canvas
65x54cm
Gogh

Autoportrait à la palette is listed (or ranked) 1 on the list
Autoportrait a la palette
Pablo Picasso
painting

Top 10 most famous self-portraits of history (2)
francisco de Goya
1815
oil painting 





Joseph Weber
2016
Pencil drawing

1.I selected the three inspirational pieces that I did because I found it impressive how portraits could have so much variation and still be a representative work of the person who did the drawing or painting.
2. I selected to do my self  portrait in pencil because I felt it gave me the most control over the lines that I was creating making my portrait as crisp and clean as possible.
3. In creating my self portrait the largest challenge I encountered was trying to make it perfect and to look spot on like me. Knowing im not a artist in the famous sense i felt if I was happy with the piece and that it met my expectations of my self and knowing im not perfect and neither is the drawing then I was happy with it.
4. This piece represents me by showing that no im not perfect or symmetrical or flawless and neither is the work I made. I broke my nose in high school making it look off center and just like in reality it is in the drawing.
5. In this work I made an effort to use lines even if they werent straight lines I wanted to use definite lines to make the pieces outline stand out the most.
6. I did enjoy working on this piece, I have never had a large faith in myself in creating works of art and especially not with creating one of myself but for this I choose to accept what i was creating as a work of myself by myself which was what was most important to myself.
7. I think my final art work is representative of my lack of ability but not lack of trying. Knowing im not the most talented but i put in the effort to create a work in a attempt to represent myself and that whats important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment