Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Final post

1. Thinking back to what my expectations were of this course I knew it would allow me a chance to expand my understanding of what the concept of art is and how its viewed in the world we live in through the eyes of various people. I believe this course did meet my expectations it was able to go in depth showing so many different styles of art and how they impact the world and how they vary from location to location, it was extremely informative. The course allowed for a vast opportunity to become a more well rounded person over all.
2. After finishing this course I believe my definition hasnt changed a ton and I believe this is due to the way I viewed it before. I always have felt art is a concept that is unique to the individual, it is anything that a person can see, hear, visualize, or understand and in some way have a feeling as a result the feeling can be happiness, sadness, excitement, ect. Thats the power of art to me is the fact that it can be and often is different to every single person.
3. I believe my current favorite artist would be Van Gough due to his ability to create such unique pieces that still have such a lasting impact on art today. He influenced not only some many works of art but also the artist that have created them.
4. My feeling about taking an online class hasn't changed, I knew previously how to take them and what to expect. I was surprised at how well it was able to due an art based course online I would have assumed it would be more difficult to relate and communicate for a class about art but this class was run well and a joy to participate in.

No comments:

Post a Comment